Platform Jack with M3 Screws and Inserts

Community rules
1. Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.

2. No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.

3. Only 3D printers advertised.
Only 3D printers or directly related product may be advertised. If you post anything else it will be moderated and you will be banned.

4. Replying to posts
If you reply to a post, make sure your reply is connected with the main topic, do NOT take a topic off track.

5. All post are moderated
Every post on here is moderated - always. Don't bother joining unless you have works to share or problems to inquiry about 3D printers. That is all that will be allowed on this group.
AnetLau

Download Link:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Summary

I really liked the original, it printed great. I thought it would be fun to design one with M3 screws and heat set M3 inserts to have a platform jack that is a little more durable. I use mine for positioning a gopro for time lapses and it is quite useful for that.

Print with 2 or more outlines. If your printer is bad at bridging the only parts that require support are the scissor arms.

Edit: I have included a version of the jack screw that uses a heat set insert instead of a square nut for those that don't own any square nuts.

How I Designed This
I appreciated the inclusion of the CAD file in the original but I ended up designing it from scratch so that I could make a working assembly. I have attached a .zip with the entire Solidworks assembly.

Parts to Print:
- 2x Platform
- 2x Scissor Arm 1
- 2x Scissor Arm 2
- 4x Scissor Arm Bushing
- 8x M3 Bushing
- 1x Knob
- 1x Jack Screw

Hardware Required:
- 17x M3x8mm Hex Countersunk Screws
- 16x M3x3mm Heat Set Threaded Inserts
- 1x M3 Square Nut

Hardware Notes:
Four of the M3x8mm screws (the ones connecting the scissor arms to the screw posts) can be substituted for M3x12mm screws to allow for a looser fit and smoother operation. If you are buying hardware for this project, just get one of the M3 sets with every size up to 20mm because you can always use them on other projects. Please note hex countersunk head screws are sometimes referred to as "flat head" screws at the usual places.

Created by BiscuitsOnTheFloor in https://www.thingiverse.com/