Spherical Parallel Manipulator

Community rules
1. Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.

2. No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.

3. Only 3D printers advertised.
Only 3D printers or directly related product may be advertised. If you post anything else it will be moderated and you will be banned.

4. Replying to posts
If you reply to a post, make sure your reply is connected with the main topic, do NOT take a topic off track.

5. All post are moderated
Every post on here is moderated - always. Don't bother joining unless you have works to share or problems to inquiry about 3D printers. That is all that will be allowed on this group.
AnetLau

Download Link:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Summary

Inspired by videos on YouTube, I decided to make a functional model of a spherical parallel actuator. The 3-axes are controlled by small SG90 servomotors, which should be locally available. The top stage has 3mm diameter holes placed radially outwards in 12 directions spaced 12mm apart, so that other "gadgets" can potentially be mounted.

Attached Arduino demo code will get the Manipulator up and running. It will demonstrate what kind of motions the Manipulator can make. It is only a demo so it will need some upgrade in order to meet specific needs.

I considered designing the Manipulator with bearings for smoother motion, but I preferred designing something with minimal purchased parts, with the hope that it will be accessible to a wider audience. I kept the locations of the screws to a minimum (only key locations such as the motor mount and the connection between the Links), and introduced using the 1.75mm Filament as a "locking Pin" to prevent things from falling apart.

To Print:

Base
Drive Gear : 3ea
Gear Level 1
Gear Level 2
Gear Level 3
90deg Link : 3ea
Link Level 1
Link Level 2
Link Level 3
Motor Bracket : 6ea
Link Pin : 3ea