ET4 versus ET4X

Anet 3D printers, add-ons and OEM
Community rules
1. Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.

2. No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.

3. Only 3D printers advertised.
Only 3D printers or directly related product may be advertised. If you post anything else it will be moderated and you will be banned.

4. Replying to posts
If you reply to a post, make sure your reply is connected with the main topic, do NOT take a topic off track.

5. All post are moderated
Every post on here is moderated - always. Don't bother joining unless you have works to share or problems to inquiry about 3D printers. That is all that will be allowed on this group.
ChristosHrousis

Hi everyone,

I know nothing about the ET4 series of printers. I have an Anet A8, and the ET series looks like an upgrade to me.

Can someone please explain the difference between ET4 and ET4X ??? I can't find any comparison videos on youtube, or anything on the website it isn't clear to me I don't understand.

Matthijs

ET4 and ET4x seem almost identical. I do have an ET4x, and I noticed the following:
  • Color -> "X" version has blue parts rather than red.
  • On the ET4x, the end switch on de Z-axis is placed at the bottom instead of the top for the ET4 (which is a win for the ET4x in my humble opinion).
  • No auto leveling sensor for the ET4x. But to put that in perspective, bed leveling is much easier done by hand (again my opinion)
  • I believe the ET4 is set up easier out of the box than the ET4x which is a semi DIY kit (but, its fun and not so hard to do. Just ensure to re-check if all pre-assembled parts are properly attatched).
  • Not the same firmware (I think because of the difference in location of the end switch on de Z-axis)
Also, for both versions there are silent versions available.