3D Printed Molds For Concrete

Discuss the various 3D Printing Slicer Software
Community rules
1. Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.

2. No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.

3. Only 3D printers advertised.
Only 3D printers or directly related product may be advertised. If you post anything else it will be moderated and you will be banned.

4. Replying to posts
If you reply to a post, make sure your reply is connected with the main topic, do NOT take a topic off track.

5. All post are moderated
Every post on here is moderated - always. Don't bother joining unless you have works to share or problems to inquiry about 3D printers. That is all that will be allowed on this group.
AnetLau

Creating molds for concrete is something simple that we can do with many materials that We can easily find at home, but sometimes We want to make some mold with measures or shape in particular.
3D PRINTED MOLDS FOR COCRETE

Using my Anet ET4 and Fusion 360 personal, I’ve created a 3 part mold that can be reused as many times as I want.

fusion 360 3d sketch

We will use our preferred PLA or ABS filament, although if you can use TPU filament (Flexible) you can have a more usable mold.

Anet ET4 3D printer

Once our printer has done its job, We check that all parts fit perfectly.
(Remember to use design tolerances or horizontal expansion setting for smooth mounting.)

3d printed mold

Before preparing the concrete We need to impregnate the interior of the mold with petroleum jelly or baby oil to provide a smooth disassembly of our piece. (once dry)

3d printed candle holder

To prepare our concrete I have used a little more water so that It has a more liquid consistency and thus be able to fill the gaps and avoid more air bubbles.

DIY project with 3D printing

You must let dry for 24/48 hours (depends on the material used).

Once the concrete has dried, remove the piece carefully and sand it to fix the surface.