ET4 Pro and Pronterface Trbl.

Tips & Tricks to tweak your printers, as well as technical help. Topics MUST contain the type of printer you are addressing!
Community rules
1. Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.

2. No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.

3. Only 3D printers advertised.
Only 3D printers or directly related product may be advertised. If you post anything else it will be moderated and you will be banned.

4. Replying to posts
If you reply to a post, make sure your reply is connected with the main topic, do NOT take a topic off track.

5. All post are moderated
Every post on here is moderated - always. Don't bother joining unless you have works to share or problems to inquiry about 3D printers. That is all that will be allowed on this group.
TTx380

Hello,

My ET4 Pro has problems with Pronterface. The X-axis works normally. Heating from the hotend and heating bed also works.
When controlling the Y and Z axes, Pronterface crashes, the error message is: "[ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): Write timeout". Then I have to restart the printer and Pronterface, and reconnect the USB cable.
Furthermore, the printer does not react to any M command entered via Pronterface (e.g. M501). The Pronterface terminal window only says "SENDING: M501", but nothing happens.
Operation on the printer and printing works normally.
I actually wanted to calibrate the extruder because it is conveying too much filament. But it doesn't work because it doesn't accept M commands.
I wanted to reload the firmware, but it is not available.
What firmware does the ET4 Pro use, Marlin?
What can I do?
Is the mainboard possibly defective?

umtauscher

Well, if the mainboard is defective, then they all are...
Meaning mine is also behaving badly using the usb/serial interface.

The stock firmware is proprietary. It does not not nearly support all M-commands. Calibrating the extruder or saving settings to eeprom is not implemented or prohibited. If you want to calibrate, you have to do it in your slicer software.

So I tried using the open source Marlin version. Trying to compile the firmware myself wasn't very promising. I seem to be unable to configure it correctly for my ET4 Pro. The nozzle crashed several times into the bed while I was trying to calibrate the bed.

I realized then, that there is a Marlin firmeware compiled by Anet, which I flashed today. I Can say that it's better then the version I compiled. At least it is able to Auto Bed Level. The touch interface really is a mess. It is totally unprecise and you cannot really use it. Calibration doesn't help. The Back arrow almost never works.
The usb/serial still seems to be messed up. Octoprint keeps disconnecting due to timeouts.

So all in all I am dissatisfied with the Marlin firmware. I think I will go back to the stock firmware which I find the best solution at the moment - stil being unable to connect with anything...
Cheers
Last edited by umtauscher on 2020-11-20 5:22, edited 1 time in total.