How to reduce the minimum temp on a Anet A8?

Tips & Tricks to tweak your printers, as well as technical help. Topics MUST contain the type of printer you are addressing!
Community rules
1. Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.

2. No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.

3. Only 3D printers advertised.
Only 3D printers or directly related product may be advertised. If you post anything else it will be moderated and you will be banned.

4. Replying to posts
If you reply to a post, make sure your reply is connected with the main topic, do NOT take a topic off track.

5. All post are moderated
Every post on here is moderated - always. Don't bother joining unless you have works to share or problems to inquiry about 3D printers. That is all that will be allowed on this group.
Thrap

I need to print some PCL filament, which melts optimally at 100 C°.

When setting my Anet A8 printer at that temp, the extruder motor doesn't turn by software, but if I use the menu OF the printer I can bypass that and it will make it turn.

With 200 C° it turns fine, up to 150 it works fine, but below that it won't feed the filament at all.

How do I circumvent this limitation?

TDHofstetter

You may need to trick the printer to get past that limitation and print polycaprolactone. You can experiment with the thermistor and trickily make it show exactly twice its real temperature; without actually doing it myself, I'll say that I believe that would only require one potentiometer to get it done.

If this was my machine... I'd make sure that the printer isn't connected to a computer via USB, take the cover off my control board, then tell the printer to set the hotend at 150*C. No, 155*C. I'd have my multimeter ready, set to measure ohms on the order of about 20K. When the hotend reaches full temperature at 155, unplug the machine's power cord so there's NO POWER to the board, then immediately (before the hotend cools appreciably) measure the resistance across the thermistor. Write it down. I had you set it to 155 so you'd have a little time to measure before it cooled below 150.

Now wait for the hotend to cool off and plug it back in again. Power it up and tell it to set the hotend at 150 again... but watch the display closely. When it reaches <105>, unplug the power again and read the resistance across the thermistor. Write THAT down. Again, 105 gives you a little time to measure before it drops below 100.

The 155 resistance will almost certainly be lower than the 105 resistance, so you need to wire a resistor or potentiometer in parallel with the thermistor wiring to get the 105 resistance to exactly the same as your measured 155 resistance.

If you need help, let us know what the two resistances that you measured turned out to be and we'll let you know what sort of resistor you need.

Depending upon the brand and source of PCL you get, you CAN print it at considerably higher temperatures than 100*C; some prints happily at 120, some prints happily at 145, some works fine all the way up to 170.