Questions on the ET5X

3D printer products mods, upgrades and product designs
Community rules
1. Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.

2. No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.

3. Only 3D printers advertised.
Only 3D printers or directly related product may be advertised. If you post anything else it will be moderated and you will be banned.

4. Replying to posts
If you reply to a post, make sure your reply is connected with the main topic, do NOT take a topic off track.

5. All post are moderated
Every post on here is moderated - always. Don't bother joining unless you have works to share or problems to inquiry about 3D printers. That is all that will be allowed on this group.
zuasive

Good evening. I've got a couple of questions about my newly acquired ET5X and I'm hoping someone in the forum may know. The printer is great, I'm very impressed with the features compared to cost. I'm a modder/tinkerer by nature so naturally I'm already looking at modifications. I really enjoy the 2208 stepper drivers and how quiet/smooth they are. I've ordered one of the new A4988/TMC2208 board designed for the ET4 and ET5.

1.) Will the A4988/TMC2208 board work in an ET5X? ( Suspect so considering it is an ET5 but I want to be sure how much work will be involved with the upgrade)

2.) What is the hotend used in the ET5X? It looks like an MK10 but the heatsink is much wider than what I have seen. Not that there is a problem with it but I may want to upgrade to increase material capabilities. Has anyone done this?

3.) I'm probably going to upgrade the hotbed. While this one is great and works well, I'm used to an AC Silicone hotbed. Has anyone done this? If not I'll probably do it and write a tutorial. lol

Musophobia

zuasive wrote: 2020-09-20 22:27 Good evening. I've got a couple of questions about my newly acquired ET5X and I'm hoping someone in the forum may know. The printer is great, I'm very impressed with the features compared to cost. I'm a modder/tinkerer by nature so naturally I'm already looking at modifications. I really enjoy the 2208 stepper drivers and how quiet/smooth they are. I've ordered one of the new A4988/TMC2208 board designed for the ET4 and ET5.

1.) Will the A4988/TMC2208 board work in an ET5X? ( Suspect so considering it is an ET5 but I want to be sure how much work will be involved with the upgrade)

2.) What is the hotend used in the ET5X? It looks like an MK10 but the heatsink is much wider than what I have seen. Not that there is a problem with it but I may want to upgrade to increase material capabilities. Has anyone done this?

3.) I'm probably going to upgrade the hotbed. While this one is great and works well, I'm used to an AC Silicone hotbed. Has anyone done this? If not I'll probably do it and write a tutorial. lol
could you tell me how to upgrade the et5x? i have ask Anet but they just tell me need to upgrade the firmware :shock: I really really expect your tutorial
AnetLau

Hello, A4988 Mainboard is not quiet and it is suitable for ET5 and ET5X, but the TMC2208 have Mute function and use in ET5 Pro.
darenlsl

I have an ET5. can I upgrade the board to a TMC2208 board. its a great printer except it is very very loud witht he A4988. combined with the all in one bottom housing. it amplify the noise. With a 2208, it will definitely improve the Anet experience. Will i be able to change the default ET5 board to use the TMC2208 board for the ET4 series?
Indy_UKCM

What is the current firmware version for the ET5X
I have version 1.1.6 according to the info screen
Have had a few teething issues with setting up and have been asked if I am using the latest firmware
And if not, where do I get it
Admiral8868

Когда ответит производитель на вопрос: "Как сделать Anet ET5X на тихие драйвера TMC2208?"