Firmware link ET4 Pro wrong

3D printer products mods, upgrades and product designs
Community rules
1. Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.

2. No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.

3. Only 3D printers advertised.
Only 3D printers or directly related product may be advertised. If you post anything else it will be moderated and you will be banned.

4. Replying to posts
If you reply to a post, make sure your reply is connected with the main topic, do NOT take a topic off track.

5. All post are moderated
Every post on here is moderated - always. Don't bother joining unless you have works to share or problems to inquiry about 3D printers. That is all that will be allowed on this group.
umtauscher

Hi,
I just wanted to inform you, that the firmware link for the ET4 Pro on your homepage is faulty and leads to a firmware for the ET4n.
Please correct this.
Thanks

AnetLau

hexatrik

AnetLau wrote: 2021-01-08 19:43 Thanks, we have repaired it.

https://shop.anet3d.com/blogs/et-series ... ion-v3-0-0
Hi, You have mentioned filename for ET4 Pro as “et4pV3.0.0.zip” but where as on the google drive download file available is , it is “et4nV3.0.0.zip”. This file is NOT working in my ET4 Pro. I have copied bin and txt files into SD Card. Im getting error message " Update Fail" in printer while upgrading my ET4 Pro immediately I press OK button...
Please help
ilros

No it is not. It leads download link to to a firmware for the ET4 for the ET4n.
nahum35

Edit: I have located the issue after reviewing some other forums with similar issues (mostly of the ET4's not being able to read the microSD cards). It appears the Samsung EVO card I purchased at the same time is also not recognized. I had to use another card which ultimately the ET4 Pro can read models from. (It was a Sandisk branded card).

Note: I will make a separate, new post for another of several issues I was facing since just recently receiving my printer, and still waiting for *something* from Support via email.

******************** ORIGINAL POST ********************
Hello,
When attempting to update with v3.0.0 based on the instructions noted, my ET4 Pro continues to show "Update failed". Is this a known issue? Coming from v1.0.2 (same as instructions page, which additionally shows the flashed version is no longer an ET4 "Pro"?).
hexatrik

There is a difference in file name. it is mentioned as to download " et4pV3.0.0.zip " but in drive you have " et4nV3.0.0.zip " file. Please clarify.
umtauscher

Sorry, but this is rediculous.
I have pointed out weeks ago, that the link is pointing to the wrong file.
And what you have done is to set another link to the exact same WRONG file.
I give up.
A2ET4P

format SD card, rename "et4nV3.0.0.bin into et4pV3.0.0.bin" copy to sd card. Insert SD card into the ET4 Pro printer and switch power on , goto info and try upgrade. In my case it worked.
I could not see much difference, file browsing maybe changed . After Firmware upgrade the info screen only showed ET4 instead of ET4 Pro and Version number.