new Labist (ANET ET4) trying to kill itself

Tips & Tricks to tweak your printers, as well as technical help. Topics MUST contain the type of printer you are addressing!
Community rules
1. Be kind and courteous
We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.

2. No hate speech or bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.

3. Only 3D printers advertised.
Only 3D printers or directly related product may be advertised. If you post anything else it will be moderated and you will be banned.

4. Replying to posts
If you reply to a post, make sure your reply is connected with the main topic, do NOT take a topic off track.

5. All post are moderated
Every post on here is moderated - always. Don't bother joining unless you have works to share or problems to inquiry about 3D printers. That is all that will be allowed on this group.
peeceejunior

I just got a new Labist, which is a rebranded Anet et4) and got everything set up, but it keeps trying to destroy itself. When homing or when trying to level (both auto and manual) the Z axis buries itself into the glass bed as I frantically shut everything down.

I've checked my connections and as far as I can tell nothing is plugged in incorrectly. I reached out to Labist, but their support appears to be a bit meh.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Videos I've watched show a red LED lighting up on top of the hotend whenever the sensor detects the bed so it knows not to go further. That happened once for me. Every other time it's pushing the throttles forward and aiming for the ground. I can understand the auto-leveling not working (it's a cheap 3d printer), but I can't even get manual leveling to work. It tries to home to a point that's apparently below the bed's actual location.

AndresGudiño

i have the same problem
ahellary

first thing id check would be that the sensor for the z axis is working .... is it on the head or is it on the z axis? on the first et4 home was at the top of the mast not at the bottom the pro with the leveling sensors hom is at the bottom using the leveling sensor